PUTRAJAYA, Aug 21 2026 — Digital Minister and DAP national chairman Gobind Singh Deo has called on the Inspector-General of Police and the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) chief to immediately disclose the progress of investigations into alleged “corporate mafia” operations.
In a statement issued late on Thursday, Gobind said the Cabinet had directed a thorough probe into the matter as early as March 2026, giving authorities ample time to examine the claims.
“The Malaysian people have the right to know the current status of this matter and the concrete steps that will be taken next,” he said.
Gobind specifically asked whether businessman Victor Chin has been called in to assist the investigations, along with other individuals who may be able to provide information.
He urged Inspector-General of Police Tan Sri Mohd Khalid Ismail and MACC chief commissioner Datuk Seri Abdul Halim Aman to state their positions without delay, detail actions already taken, and outline a clear timeline for resolving the case.
The issue first gained widespread attention following a Bloomberg report earlier this year that alleged a network of businessmen had worked with enforcement agencies to pressure company executives and facilitate corporate takeovers. Victor Chin has repeatedly denied being part of any such network and has claimed he was himself a victim of the tactics.
The Cabinet subsequently instructed police, MACC, the Securities Commission and the Inland Revenue Board to conduct detailed investigations. Several premises linked to Chin were later raided, and he has been linked to a separate money-laundering probe under Ops Viking.
Gobind described the matter as one of major public interest with potential international implications that could affect market confidence, making it a national issue requiring firm and transparent action.
